Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Sees the Error of Its Ways? (UPDATE: No)

I was just skimming yesterday's Publishers Lunch (no matter how many times I whitelist it, PL always gets caught in my spam filter), and I noticed this. Apparently, after laying off half the publicity staff in the merger, HMH is now hiring a senior publicist. I'm sure that all of those still looking for a job are thrilled to hear that. Could HMH (specifically, Lori Glazer) have finally realized that doubling their list without doubling their staff was a mistake? UPDATE: Ok, apparently someone left. Which makes this whole post kind of pointless. Oh well. Except, hey guys, there's a senior publicist job out there! Apply. Or maybe they can hire one of their old employees back? I'm sure the severance must have run out by now.

--Ladytron

No comments: