- Emily used to be an associate editor at Hyperion and now blogs for Galleycat.
- Sloane is the associate director of publicity at Vintage/Anchor
- Emily is the co-author of some YA novel called Hex Education
- Sloane is the author of the New York Times bestselling essay collection, I Was Told There Would Be Cake
- Emily is a former co-editor of the blog. It now mocks her.
- Sloane has never worked for the blog but is still mocked repeatedly.
Freelance writing pieces:
- Emily has had articles published in the New York Times op-ed section, Radar, Bookslut, and the New York Observer.
- Sloane has had pieces published in the New York Times, Village Voice, Maxim, BlackBook Magazine, Playboy, and the New York Observer.
- Emily was torn a new asshole by JK when he guest-hosted on Larry King Live.
- To my knowledge, Sloane has no connection to Jimmy.
- Emily's piece has spawned coverage in media outlets such as NPR, Slate, Atlantic, L.A. Times, New York Observer, Huffington Post, Philadelphia Weekly, New York Magazine's CultureVulture, Wired online, countless websites and blogs, and of course, Gawker.
- Sloane's book got her coverage in New York Observer, New York Times, Daily Candy, Radar, San Francisco Chronicle, Publishers Weekly, New York Magazine, Forbes, Newsweek Online, Paste, Salon, Gawker, etc.
- Emily interviewed Sloane for Radar
- Emily's looks a bit lackluster and even in a little greasy in one of the pics.
- Sloane has been proven to have the shiniest hair in the publishing.
- Emily is a nice girl and a funny blogger, but "Exposed" was the most boring, self-involved piece that I have ever read in the New York Times Magazine. Appropriate for Glamour? Maybe. But the New York Times?? No way. DO NOT WANT.
- Sloane is a nice girl and a good publicist, but the coverage of I Was Told There Would Be Cake was ridiculous. Is Sloane a good writer? Sure. Is she good enough to merit more coverage than all the other authors. Um, no.
Oh, also, I think Sloane wins the battle. New York Times bestselling books trumps cover story of New York Times Magazine.