Monday, May 5, 2008

So it begins...

I know I might be the last person to board this train, but I have just discovered the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. It’s not like I hadn’t heard of them (I do work in publishing), but it’s more like I barely have time to read books other than those I’m working on – reading for “fun” doesn’t really happen so much these days. However I did find a moment last week to start Twilight…and I’m hooked. As in “I might be a problem hooked" and I’ll admit, I probably like it more than I should. But what can I do?!? I’m a sucker for forbidden love, and forbidden love + vampires … sign me up!

So during our morning meeting today, Paige Sexie and I discussed my new obsession and compared notes. Instead of getting it out of my system, though, discussing the matter only fed into my need for all things Twilight and forced me to go do more “research” on the book. And by research, of course I mean Googling, looking at fan sites, etc.

And then I saw this:



Now readers, there are few things I love more than movie hype – even the worst movies (ie. Star Wars: Attack of the Clones) seem great in trailers. It's the promise of a good movie that's so exciting. So sure Twilight the movie might be really cheesy… perhaps even god awful. But will I still be first in line on opening night?... Absolutely.

Enjoy the hype!
—Babytron

No comments: