Monday, October 8, 2007

The Colbert Effect


Stephen's got game, not only plugging his very own book tonight, but that of his guest, The Braindead Megaphone by George Saunders. I've seen Colbert in the past push books to #2 on Amazon, and right now at publication hour of his own book, I Am America only ranks #6. In a "tip of the hat" to Harry Potter, stores like Powells are having a midnight release party right now. But, as a "wag of a finger," I didn't see a damn thing about it on their homepage. I know they're an indie, but at least they could afford a webcam that linked to colbertnation.com.
How irate this man will be tomorrow if it doesn't at least hit #1 on amazon. However, I'm sure it will be on the NYT list, but, as we all know, Colbert doesn't read. As for Mr. Saunders, he's at #1,535 on Amazon.
Regardless, tomorrow's ep will be one not to miss.
do tell,
the editor

No comments: