Friday, May 2, 2008

A Tribute

Dear Facebook,

Thank you for making my day livable. Thank you for being an ever accepted marketing tool that I can’t be punished for having open in a tab on my computer at work. Thank you for allowing me to stalk former classmates, co-workers, and anyone else in the world that I have ever been curious about. Thank you for providing meaningless trivia games, Oregon Trail, Super Poke, and the ever amazing Scrabulous. Without you, what would I do between the updates at Galleycat and Gawker? How would I so productively waste time? And how else would I reward myself? Nothing makes writing a press release go as smoothly as a promise to myself that once it is completed, I can play another word on Scrabulous or answer another question about the Simpsons. Thank you, from one book publicist to one amazing online waste of time.

Hugs and kisses,

Paige Sexie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why I don't have a Facebook account. I don't need another distraction - my press releases have suffered enough thanks to People.com!